Harmony School is Now Accepting Applications for New Students!
Harmony is hiring a 5th and 6th grade teacher – click to learn more.
Harmony is also hiring a High School humanities teacher – click to learn more.
- 2013 HS Trip to Asheville
- 2013 May Day Celebration
- 5th & 6th Grade Legal Literacy Mock Trial
- 2013 Earth Day
Below are some excerpts from the April 2013 Newsletter:
- The Latest from the ECP: We've been gearing up for Art Day in the ECP. The Kindergarteners have been attending art themed creation classes all month, and the preschoolers have been creating their own art for the upcoming show, collaborating in small groups on large scale spin art paintings. We used an old window fan, a turntable, and a power…
- News from Jen’s Class Thank goodness it is FINALLY Spring!! The K-6 class has begun their work in the garden. We are working like crazy to clean out the greenhouse, prepare the garden beds, add compost to a newly created bed, search for worms, grow seedlings, and work on our garden tower. We have new garden tools (given to…
- Middle School News: We had an exciting event with the culmination of our bridge building project. After we learned about the physics of structures and engineering, teams designed and built toothpick bridges. We evaluated them by aesthetics, cost efficiency, and strength by attaching a five-gallon bucket. Each team slowly added water until the structure snapped, buckled or collapsed.…
- News from the High School: This month, the high school is humming with activity as the students devote themselves to number of fundraising events designed to raise money for their spring trip to Ashville, NC. These begin on April 6, with SabrinaFest, a Canine Carnival, at which dogs and their humans will be able to enjoy games, competitions, the Barkery…